Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ribbons on a rainy day


I wanted to call this one wordless wednesday.... but it needs a few words to go with it.....



This photo was taken about 30 years ago when I was 8..... The district school sports day. Thats me 3rd along next to Jennifer(with the cool red rain jacket).. 
Jonah has his school sports tomorrow in the same district, with the same schools and they do the same MARCHING they did back then too... with the same music and I think the same Judge!!
 I also turned 38 yesterday so its good to see myself so young  and that yes, some things Just keep on rolling along, in this ever changing world...


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rex, thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog which has led me to your beautiful creative place! Your drawings below are lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jessie, I just love drawing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Rex! Love popping in here and seeing what wonderful things you've been drawing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I marched too!! I just remembered when I read that! When I was in prep at HG school :D how funny that they have kept the same tradition xx

    ReplyDelete