Friday, December 16, 2011

Night movements.

I am facinated by what goes on in the darkness of the mountains. I am also trying my best to return to the space where I was drawing. I would like to blame Instagram or the fact my daughter does not sleep in the day or something else...but thats not true.

This is one of my first drawings I put on the blog, and I still love it.



Here is one I did recently.

(See its all mixed up with words.)



Even taken on instagram......damn myself.

Although its real words on real paper, thats
gotta count for something these days....


5 comments:

  1. Looks good Rex!
    Hope you find some time to do some more drawings. I love that first one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real word on real paper by a real person. Beautiful, and a story in itself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cool. That second one should be called, 'subtext'! I love the spider. There's so much going on in that one, but it's all perfectly ordered. I can't even conceive of the ability to compose an image so cleverly. I'm blown away by the way one element flows seamlessly into another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tania and Jo, sometimes its hard to keep the momentum.

    tinsenpup, I was reminded of this drawing and posted it here after seeing your post with the photo of the baby owl and its mumma and dadda that you took. The drawing is like life with its wisps of connections and threads that set off other events. We are all interconnected with the world and spider webs seem to be everywhere. Bit like the world wide web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawings Rex. And even if you're using Instagram it counts. Look at it as a way for busy people (especially Moms) to document their children or the other aspects of their life that they love. Kudos to you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete