Thursday, October 3, 2013

Plant some shit. Growing your own food is like printing your own money.



I have great hope when I see things that are in my line of thinking. That I am not living in a fantasy world and these ideas are more than possible. That others have made them a reality.


In relation to where I live this talk below is relevant. Even though we live in the country and at the foothills of beautiful mountains. The two closest towns have their Maccas, which are so busy all the time. One of these towns has the highest obesity in Victoria. Even biggest loser has just been there. Although I have never been to either Maccas or watched biggest loser, I am not blind to the reality of the local situation. 

This morning I found this TED talk through random searches in Pinterest.
Watch all of it. Its inspiring, real and applicable to all parts of the world.

 Love this guy




I have been going on about planting out public spaces with the likes of REAL cherry trees rather than bloody ornamental ones for ever. I need to do less talking and more digging. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rex, I'm so with you on the ornamental thing. One day the powers that be might wake up to the idea that plants can look good and taste good too, might encourage people to go for a walk if they know they might pick up a plum or an apple at the same time. In the mean time, I can't wait to plant out our place and get it to where yours is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the potential is huge! you guys have so many wonderful fruit tress.. already. Hows the house coming along?

      Delete